“Learn to play hockey” offers children ages 6 through 12 the fundamental skills to gain a competitive edge while making the game fun. Players gain confidence, develop fundamental skills and gain knowledge to compete and enjoy the game at every age and skill level. Join a program that emphasizes sportsmanship, fun and fundamentals. Players enhance their skills through various group games and activities incorporated into each session. Each lesson will consist of 35 minutes of instruction followed by 15 minutes of "supervised" practice time. Full Hockey equipment is required.
Skaters must possess level 1 U. S. Figure Skating Basic proficiency in order to participate. U. S. Figure Skating Basic level 1 skill are as follows:
1. Sit on ice and stand up
2. March forward across the ice
3. Forward two-foot glide
5. Forward swizzles – 6–8 in a row
6. Backward wiggles – 6–8 in a row
7. Snowplow stop
8. Rocking horse – 2–3
9. Two-foot hop in place (optional)
• Make up sessions will not be offered for skaters who forget their equipment.
• Refunds will not be offered for any reason. That includes illness, injury or non-enjoyment of the program.
• If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather, a make-up class will be offered.
• Classes held at Norfolk Arena, 1 Dean Street Norfolk, MA 02056
COVID-19 Protocols for Norfolk Arena:
• We ask that only one parent brings their child.
• We have X’s for children to put skates on that are 6ft apart
• Must enter front door and exit side door
• Coaches need to have limited Physical contact w skaters.
• We are using crates to help skaters get up off the ice.
• Coaches will have mask on at all times.
• Skaters can take off mask when on the ice only
• Cleaning is being done on a continuous basis.
Skates and helmets are available for rent or purchase in the Norfolk Ice Arena Pro Shop www.norfolkarena.com/proshop.html (Phone: 508-528-6700).
Norfolk Ice Arena
- One Dean St, Norfolk, MA 02056