As our students build a fully-planned and intricately-designed Lego city, they also learn to govern it. Students learn about elections, laws, city planning, economics, and the environment as they serve on a city council which must make key governing decisions about their city. They work on committees to design their official city flag, design their city’s currency, and create a constitution of laws. Students have the opportunity to run for mayor, open their own business, debate city issues, and design city buildings. Social studies, history, and civics have never been so fun! Be sure to pack a lunch for this full day of fun.
About Right Brain Curriculum:
Right Brain Curriculum offers engaging, project-based, learning programs for your after-school program, camp or school. Each program is a complete curriculum package ready to excite and engage students.
Goals and Objectives:
- Work with a teammate to develop their own idea for a business and a product
- Learn about business plans and create their own business plan in poster form
- Write a script for a TV commercial for their business and act out their commercial
- Learn about business logos and slogans and create their own
- Design the inside and outside of their storefront
- Use Google Earth to select a location for their business in their town
- Learn tips for giving an effective presentation
- Give their own Shark Tank presentation to three adult "Sharks"