This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Bring your kid’s love for LEGO to the big screen! Empow Studios expert instructors work with students to develop storytelling skills, learn animation software, and capture the action of their LEGO movies. After filming, students work on post-production process to add titles, transitions, sounds and music to make their movies complete! Movies are able to take home to share with family & friends.
About Empow Studios:
Empow’s learning philosophy based on creative play borrows from John Dewey’s instrumentalism, Piaget’s constructivism, and Papert’s constructionism in asserting that passions, perceptions, and experience play a crucial role in how a person builds and maintains his or her understanding of the world. Even in the supposedly coldly rational world of STEM, love and play drive learning. They are what makes our lives meaningful, worthwhile, and fun. That’s where we start.
Today, much of that creative play (and future work) takes place in digital, virtual, and robotic environments. Empow Studios supports not only active participation and developing literacy in that playground, but also self-efficacy and creativity. Empowering kids means giving them the tools not only to navigate their future landscapes, but be active and intentional creators of it.
Goals and Objectives:
- Pre-Production Basics for Stop Motion Animation
- Production Basics in Stop Motion Animation
- Post-Production Basics in Stop Motion Animation
- Basic Principles of Stop Motion Animation
- Combining What You Know in Stop Motion Animation
- Additional Principles of Animation: Intro to Acting in Stop Motion
- Combining Advance Principles of Stop Motion Animation